Sunday, February 22, 2015

Listen

 
What was once wisdom is now just a lack of questioning.

It's that dull, to and fro motion, 

like the sound of an echo bouncing off the walls of a canyon at 5 am.

That's before the lofty falcon has risen from his perch.
so listen.

To the good morning call of the canyon wren.
Ah........., this moment is 
a once in a lifetime event.
a once in a lifetime event.

And I've had a lot of these, each day of time and space
Between the dimension of the strings
One line to the next
Plane upon plane upon plane upon plane
Of lives, that could be the same.
But they are not.

And I trust that each line brings a slightly different listening
to the beautiful moment where 
stillness of the water
couples the meeting of the sun
against the ages of time.
Periods of history
illuminated for all that care to listen.

so listen.
listen.

Song continues as such:
Step inside my mind, step inside my head
We don't know, so we guess instead
Does it always, happen this way

You can be my muse, or my valentine
Where I'll have your heart, and you will have mine
Does it always, happen this way

Does it always, come apart at the seams
Does it seem, to come together
Just when we start listening

Step inside my heart,
Step inside my brain
Where the same things are different
Yet everything has changed.

so listen.  just listen.



Copyright 2002 Yvonne Ramage


No comments:

Post a Comment